Mandatory action safety signs
Mandatory safety signs are used to highlight actions that must be taken to safeguard health and/or avoid injury in a given area such as the use/wearing of PPE or abiding by safe workplace practices. These types of signs are widely understood helping businesses or organisations comply with current regulations, creating a safer working environment.
At Anchor Safety we supply mandatory signs in a range of materials & sizes to highlight all types of required actions. We can offer guidance on the type, size and material to best suit all locations and budgets. A business logo or brand can be incorporated if required. All pictograms will adhere to ISO 7010:2019 (technical standard for graphical hazard symbols on hazard and safety signs) and artwork will be provided for approval before proceeding with manufacture.
Please contact us to discuss this further.
- Mandatory actions are highlighted
- Various materials/sizes available
- Suitable for installing in many types of locations
- Signs can be pole mounted (aluminium signs)
- Logo/brand can be incorporated on sign
- Pictograms adhere to ISO 7010:2019
- Aluminium (can be wall or pole mounted)
- Composite aluminium
- Rigid plastic
- Corriboard (corrugated plastic)
- Self adhesive vinyl
Note: Although text can be included on safety signboards it should not be required as the symbols/pictograms on a signboard are intended to be understood independently of the language ability of the worker viewing it.
Some Important Points:
- The workplace risk assessment and safety statement should identify necessary signs
- Safety signs must never be a substitute for necessary protective measures
- The objective of the system of safety signs is to draw attention rapidly and unambiguously to specific hazards/actions/prohibited actions
- Safety signs may only be used to give information related to safety
- The effectiveness of safety signs is dependent on provision of full information