3M Optime III ear defenders
Optime III ear defenders (ear muffs) from 3M/Peltor has been developed to offer hearing protection in environments typically associated with extreme industrial noise such as airports, marine engine rooms, power stations and print works. The sealing rings are filled with a unique combination of liquid and foam, resulting is an optimum seal with low contact pressure and which provides snug comfort even for long periods of use.
Available in overhead/headband, back-of-neck/neckband, and helmet clip-on versions all include easy to replace cushions and inserts to help keep them hygienically clean. The helmet mounted version fits directly to many industrial safety helmets without the need for an adapter.
Optime II ear defenders conform to EN 353-1 (Hearing Protection - Ear Defenders) and have an SNR value of 35 dB (headband/neckband, H=40dB, M=32dB, L=23dB) or 34 dB (helmet mounted, H=40dB, M=32dB, L=22dB) . The SNR (Single Number Rating) indicates an attenuation/reduction value averaged over high, medium and low frequencies. An SNR value of 35 dB (decibels) absorbs 100 dB and reduces it to 65 dB.
- Designed for extremely noisy environments
- Deep ear cups
- Soft, wide ear cushions reduce pressure around the ear
- Fluid and foam-filled sealing rings with ventilation channels
- Comfortable for people wearing glasses
- Adjustable to suit any shape of head (headband version)
- SNR/attenuation (headband/neckband): 35 dB
- SNR/attenuation (helmet mounted): 34 dB
- Conforms to EN 352-1: Hearing Protection - Ear Defenders